Arrival at UND: Fall 2013
Birthday: September 6th, 1992
Hometown: Grand Forks, ND
Profiles & Press Clippings:
- USHL 2012-13 Profile/Stat Page
- Elite Prospects Profile/Stat Page
- Hockey's Future: LaDue Climbing the Ladder Towards NHL Career (Oct 2012)
- Fan vs. Fan: Kings Select Paul LaDue
- TOE Feature: LaDue Continues to Improve
- USHL Commitment Press Release
- Lincoln Journal-Star: Good Start Earns LaDue Chance With Hometown Program
- Lincoln Journal-Star: Defenseman LaDue Making Quick Impact With Lincoln Stars
- Alexandria Blizzard: LaDue's Tough Decision Paying Off
- Cousin of fellow Sioux recruit and Lincoln Star teammate Luke Johnson.
- Also had offers from WCHA programs St. Cloud State, Bemidji State, and Minnesota State.
- He was selected in the 6th Round (181st overall) by the Los Angeles Kings in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
- He played for the Linclon Stars (USHL), producing 49 points (12G, 37A) and a +27 rating in 62 regular season games to go along with a goal and an assist in five postseason contests. His 49 points and 37 assists led all USHL defensemen, helping him earn All-USHL First Team and USHL Defenseman of the Year honors.
- He was named the USHL Defenseman of the Week for Week 18.
- Wrapped up his stellar USHL career as Lincoln's all-time leading point producing defenseman with 83 points (21G, 62A) in 118 games.
- Playing for the USHL's Lincoln Stars, he produced 34 points (9G, 25A) in 56 games to go along with a +36 rating. His +36 rating led all USHL defensemen and was the second best amongst all players. His 34 points were the seventh best among league blueliners, and he earned USHL Week 7 Defensive Player of the Week honors. In the postseason, he recorded three points (1G, 2A) and a +2 rating in eight games in helping the Stars reach the Western Conference Final.
- Played for the Alexandria Blizzard (NAHL), recording 22 points (3G, 19A) in 56 games and a +22 rating on his way to earning NAHL All-Rookie 2nd Team honors.
- As a high school junior he played for the North Dakota state championship winning Grand Forks Central Knights, producing 35 points (10 G, 25A) in 27 games. He also earned regular season All-East Region, All-State, and All-State Tournament team honors.
- Played in 27 games for Grand Forks Central, recording 11 points (1G, 10A) as a high school sophomore.