Potential Arrival at UND: 2013/2014
Birthday: May 15th, 1995
Hometown: Cary, NC
Profiles & Press Clippings:
- USHL 2012-13 Profile/Stat Page
- Shattuck-St. Mary's 2011-12 U-16 Roster/Stats Page
- The Hockey News: The Hot List (Aug 2012)
- Reel Hockey: Scouting Report
- The Cary News: Cary Teen Making Mark In Hockey
- NBC 17: Raleigh Teen Wants To Be First Pro Hockey Player From The Area
- Brad Schlossman UND Blog: Commitment Post
- Cary Citizen: 15 Year-Old Caryite Commits to Play Hockey at UND
- NHL Entry Draft eligible in 2013
- He will play for the USHL's Fargo Force.
- Played for the Shattuck-St. Mary's Under-16 team that advanced to the USA Hockey midget minor national tournament, recording 11 points (3G, 8A) in 44 games.
- In June of 2011 he took part in USA Hockey's Select 16 Development Camp, playing in 5 games. The US Hockey Report ranked him #13 among defenseman: From Carolina Jr. Hurricanes. North Dakota recruit. Quite raw, didn’t have a great week, but there’s a lot to work with here. Fargo’s top pick. Also picked by Plymouth in OHL draft.
- 2011 OHL Draft Scouting Report: a great combination of size skill and grit, good team player who is fearless & is willing to stick up for his teammates, plays a solid defensive game with good positioning and gap control, likes the physical game, makes things miserable for opposing forwards, tough to play against in the corners & in front of his net, good skater for his size with quick acceleration & good mobility, makes good first pass clearing out of the zone, needs to work on his puck handling and can be undisciplined at times....drafted by Fargo of the USHL...committed to North Dakota....rated as a mid to late first rounder but will most likely drop.
- In March of 2011 he was invited to take part in the USNTDP Under-17 tryout camp, featuring the 45 best 1995 birth-year players in the United States.
- As a high school sophomore he played for the Carolina Junior Hurricanes Under-16 AAA team that went 30-18-6.
- July of 2010 he participated in the USA Hockey Select 15 Development Camp, going pointless in 5 games. US Hockey Report ranked him as the #7 defenseman at camp: From Carolina Jr. Hurricanes organization. Big, with a bit of nastiness. He wasn't consistent, though, and had at least one day where he struggled to find his game. Plenty of upside here.