Arrival at UND: Fall 2013
Birthday: April 22nd, 1995
Hometown: East Grand Forks, MN
Profiles & Press Clippings:
- USA Hockey NTDP 2012-13 Profile/Stat Page
- Elite Prospects Profile/Stat Page
- Brad Schlossman UND Hockey: Commitment Post (May 2013)
- Forum Communications: Ausmus Commits to UND (May 2013)
- United States of Hockey: World U-18 Championship Player Reports (May 2013)
- USA Hockey: Ausmus Grows to Become a More Complete Player (Nov 2012)
- 2013 NHL Entry Draft Prospect Profile
- Ranked #148 among North American skaters in NHL Central Scouting's 2013 Draft Prospect Final Rankings.
- Played in 66 games for the USA Hockey NTDP Under-18 Team, registering 14 points (2G, 12A) and a +22 rating.
- In April he helped Team USA earn silver at the Under-18 World Championships in Sochi, Russia. In seven tournament games he notched a pair of assists and a +5 rating.
- In February he & Team USA participated in the 2013 Under-18 Five Nations Tournament in Jonkoping, Sweden. He went pointless in four games as Team USA finished the tournament with a 2-2 record.
- In November he played on Team USA's gold-medal winning team at the 2012 Under-18 Four Nations Tournament in Ann Arbor, MI. He recorded zero points in four tournament games as Team USA finished with a 3-1 record.
- Along with fellow UND recruits Luke Johnson and Keaton Thompson, he participated in the CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game September 29 in Buffalo, NY.
- He played for the USA Hockey NTDP Under-17 Team, producing six points (2G, 4A) in 59 games.
- Played on Team USA's silver medal winning team at the 2012 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, earning All-Tournament honors.
- Played on Team USA's undefeated gold medal winning team at the 2011 Under-17 Four Nations Cup and had one goal and two assists in four games.
- In June of 2011 he attended USA Hockey's Select 16 Development Camp, where he earned All-Star honors. The US Hockey Report ranked him as the #16 defenseman at camp after picking up one assist in five games.
- As a sophomore at East Grand Forks (MN-HS), he recorded 12 points (4G, 8A) in 17 games.
- He participated in the Upper Midwest High School Elite League for Team Great Plains, registering two goals in 15 games.
- In July he attended the USA Hockey Select 15 Development Camp where he recorded one goal in five games. USHR ranked him as the #16 defenseman at camp, calling him an "Agile, athletic, physical defensive defenseman."