- Friday 7:37 CST/Saturday 7:07 CST
- The games will be broadcast on a variety of media outlets across the region. Here's the standard Broadcast Information.
- Series Notes in PDF: North Dakota and Nebraska-Omaha
- Most everyone is well aware of the obvious UND connection with Nebraska-Omaha head coach Dean Blais. But through Blais' recruiting, that connection is even stronger this year as the Mavericks' roster features the sons of three former Fighting Sioux standouts.
- UND's top centerman Corban Knight doesn't do it with a lot of flash, but he is once again having a tremendous season.
- UND's back-to-back series sweeps are the direct result of the red-hot production from Brock Nelson, Knight, and Danny Kristo, and the Mavericks are well aware that they will have to account for the Knightline.
- Nebraska-Omaha is coming off a non-conference series split with Alabama-Huntsville, and following the Mavericks' Friday night loss head coach Dean Blais said he was "embarrassed" by his team's performance.
- Matthew Semisch of Radio Free Omaha put together a nice Q&A with GF Herald beat writer Brad Schlossman.
- Last weekend the Fighting Sioux put together another great team effort, which paved the way to WCHA individual recognition for the second consecutive week. Brock Nelson has earned back-to-back Offensive Player of the Week honors after recording 5 points (4G, 1A) against Alaska-Anchorage. Meanwhile, freshman Brendan O'Donnell earned Rookie of the Week honors after his two goal performance in the far north.
- Derek Forbort was named to Team USA's World Junior Championship preliminary roster Monday afternoon, and joining him at the Team USA camp later this month will be UNO's Josh Archibald. Mav's coach Dean Blais will be Team USA's head coach.
- Brad Schlossman put together a list of nicknames for this year's Fighting Sioux players. Also from his blog is the Friday Morning Reading.
- Sioux freshman Connor Gaarder is the subject of this week's GF Herald Four Questions.
- Zach Parise discusses North Dakota's predisposition to second half surges in USCHO's This Week in the WCHA.
- Andrew MacWilliam, who was recently featured by UND Sports Spotlight, says he was a better football player than he was a hockey player:
Friday, December 9, 2011
Fighting Sioux vs. Nebraska-Omaha: Notes & Links
North Dakota vs. Nebraska-Omaha - Series Notes & Links: