- Friday 7:37 CST/Saturday 7:07 CST
- The games will be broadcast on a variety of media outlets across the region. Here's the standard Broadcast Information.
- Series Notes in PDF: North Dakota and Harvard
- Brad Schlossman's Friday Morning Reading
- This is a very important nonconference series for the Fighting Sioux in terms of positioning themselves for a NCAA tournament berth. It's a situation that is familiar to a host of WCHA teams this season, as the conference has not experienced its usual nonconference success.
- Harvard, like the Fighting Sioux, is hovering near the .500 mark, but the production of their freshmen means they've been getting a full team effort this season.
- With North Dakota and Harvard having met on the ice just 11 times (UND leads 8-2-1), the Crimson are a relatively unknown opponent. Read a little more on the Harvard program and its history.
- North Dakota will be without Derek Forbort, who is representing Team USA at the World Junior Championships in Calgary/Edmonton. Injury-wise Rocco Grimaldi is still out at least 2-3 more weeks while Corban Knight and Mario Lamoureux will be gameday decisions.
- UND and Harvard do not share any common opponents at this point of the season, but Harvard has played Clarkson, North Dakota's opponent next Saturday in Winnipeg. The Crimson defeated the Golden Knights 3-2 in Potsdam.
- We are at the halfway point of the conference season, and a variety of outlets have offered up their midseason awards and reviews: USCHO First Half Facts, Bucky's 5th Quarter WCHA First Half Awards, CHN WCHA Midseason Awards, The Ciskie Blog WCHA Midseason Awards, INCH's WCHA Midseason Report.
- USCHO's Weekend Picks
- USCHO's This Week in the WCHA
- CHN's Tale of the Tape
- Inside Hockey Series Preview
Friday, December 30, 2011
Fighting Sioux vs. Harvard: Notes & Links
North Dakota (9-8-1, 7-7-0 WCHA) vs. Harvard (4-3-3, 3-3-2 ECAC) - Series Notes & Links: