- For the third time this season Jake Marto has been recalled by the St. Johns IceCaps (AHL). In his previous two stints with St. Johns, Marto has recorded three assists in 12 games, while he has produced five assists in 20 games with the Colorado Eagles (ECHL).
- There is still no timetable set for the return of injured New Jersey Devil centerman Travis Zajac. Zajac was shut-down after his surgically repaired Achilles tendon became inflamed. He has played in eight games this season, producing one goal and two assists.
- The Regina Leader-Post published a wonderful story on Kennedy Bobyck, the ten year-old daughter of former Sioux standout Brent Bobyck. While she fully intends to one day suit up for North Dakota, she has more pressing matters to deal with this weekend. Kennedy and family are off to Ottawa where she will be competing in the finals of the Canadian Tire NHL Junior Skills Championships during All-Star Weekend. Former Sioux Jonathan Toews will be presenting the championship trophy at the event, as he is the founding member of the Canadian Tire Hockey School.
- Toews was recently ranked 69th on Bloomberg Businessweek's Power 100, making him the highest ranked hockey player on the list that ranks the 100 most powerful athletes in the world.
- There's also some good news on the Toews injury front. General manager Stan Bowman says he expects the Chicago captain to be in the lineup when the Blackhawks resume regular season play next Tuesday against Vancouver.
- Lastly, Toews is currently taking on Steven Stamkos in the semi-finals of Real GM's Be a GM contest. He's already taken down Jimmy Howard, Shea Weber, and Alex Ovechkin, so make sure to vote Captain Serious into the finals.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Thursday Evening Post
This is a bit of a short post, but it's nice to get the links posted as quickly as possible heading into the weekend. Enjoy: