Anticipated Arrival at UND: 2014
Birthday: July 10, 1996
Hometown: Omaha, NE
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 170 Lbs.
Profiles & Press Clippings
- USA Hockey NTDP 2012-13 Profile/Stat Page
- NAPHL Profile/Stat Page
- Elite Prospects Profile Page
- NAPHL Commitment Press Release
- NHL Entry Draft eligible in 2014
- The Scouting News says he "has a very good head for the game, and his work ethic is one of a kind."
- His father David Wilkie spent parts of six NHL seasons with Montreal, Tampa Bay, and the New York Rangers.
- He accepted a roster spot on the USA Hockey NTDP Under-17 team.
- In Febraury 2013 he and Team USA participated in the Under-17 Five Nations Tournament in Jarvenpaa, Finland. He produced one assist in four tournament games as Team USA finished the event with a 2-2 record.
- He played for the bronze medal-winning Team USA at the 2013 World Under-17 Challenge in Victoriaville/Drummondville, Quebec. He recorded nine points (3G, 6A) in six tournament games. He was a teammate of fellow UND recruit Austin Poganski.
- In November 2012, he was a member of the undefeated gold medal winning team at the Under-17 Four Nations Tournament in Monthey, Switzerland. He recorded two points (1G, 1A) in four tournament games.
- In July of 2012 he took part in the USA Hockey Select 16 Development Camp, registering eight points (2G, 6A) in five games on his way to earning a spot in the camp All-Star game. Russ Bitely of The Examiner offered up this review of Wilkie's play:
You can see that Wilkie can play the game with some great offensive upside and some sure firepower in his shot. He definitely has some nice mitts, creates opportunity with the puck, and a good playmaker. Not a surprise that the Fighting Sioux of North Dakota will get his services in a few years. He has some slick puck skills and hockey sense that all scouts drool over.
- Playing for the Omaha U-16 AAA Lancers, he led the North American Prospect Hockey League in scoring by producing 48 points (22G, 26A) in 18 regular season games. He also led the NAPHL in postseason scoring with 13 points (3G, 10A) in four games and earned All-NAPHL First Team and All-Academic Team honors.
- He was named the Prospect Hockey League's Under-16 Pointstreak Peak Performer following this season's December PHL event in Dallas. Press Release
- He appeared in one game with the USHL's Lincoln Stars.
- In July of 2011 he participated in USA Hockey's Select 15 Development Camp, finishing the camp tied for fourth in scoring with 10 points (3G, 7A) in five games. The US Hockey Report ranked him as the #17 forward at the camp and had this to say about his performance: Worked for his points. Competes. A native of the Cornhusker state. Played last winter for Omaha U16.
- He spent the regular season with the Omaha U-16 Lancers, playing in 20 games and recording 8 points (3G, 5A).
- His Omaha Jr Maverick AA team won USA Hockey's 2010 Bantam Tier II National Championship. He finished the tournament tied for fifth in scoring with 10 points (5G, 5A) in six games, including scoring the championship winning goal with just four seconds remaining in the title game.