- Saturday 7:37 CST at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, Canada.
- The games will be broadcast on the airwaves across the Fighting Sioux Radio Network and via UND webcast. There is no TV coverage of this game. Here's the standard Broadcast Information.
- Series Notes in PDF: North Dakota and Clarkson
- Brad Schlossman's Friday Morning Reading and a bonus Saturday Morning Reading. The Saturday edition focuses primarily on the CHL vs. NCAA debate, including a nice Q&A with Fighting Sioux head coach Dave Hakstol. It's a must read, especially after the JT Miller about-face last summer and the continued CHL recruitment of current Sioux commitments Stefan Matteau and Jordan Schmaltz.
- Just like last weekend's series against Harvard, this is a very important nonconference game for the Fighting Sioux in terms of positioning themselves for a NCAA tournament berth.
- North Dakota will be playing with a short bench as Derek Rodwell and Rocco Grimaldi are out, Corban Knight and Derek Forbort are doubtful, and captain Mario Lamoureux is questionable. Obviously, in a perfect world everyone would be healthy and ready to play, but all things considered there is a developmental silver lining to this current rash of injuries. The freshmen have been thrust into the position of playing big-time minutes in very important situations, and thus far they have met the challenge. What doesn't kill you supposedly makes you stronger, and the ability of the underclassmen to step in and step it up bodes well not only for the rest of this season when the team returns to health, but for the seasons to come as well.
- When UND takes to Winnipeg's MTS Centre ice in tonight's US College Hockey Classic, it will be a homecoming of sorts for several members of the Fighting Sioux, as Winnipeg has been very fertile recruiting ground over the history of North Dakota hockey. Additionally, playing a regular season game in Canada is not only a great way to further market North Dakota's program in Manitoba, but NCAA hockey as a whole.
- The Fighting Sioux lead the all-time series with the Knights, having won all six previous match-ups. The two teams also have several common opponents this season. North Dakota has defeated Alaska-Anchorage 5-2 and 4-1, while Clarkson and AA battled to a 4-4 tie. The Knights have also played Maine twice this season, losing both games (4-3, 6-1), while UND took three of four points from the Black Bears back in October (3-1, 3-3). Clarkson lost its only match-up with Harvard (3-2), with the Sioux having just earned a win and a tie against the Crimson (4-4, 7-3).
- USCHO's Weekend Picks
- USCHO's This Week in the WCHA
- INCH's National Notebook
- CHN's Tale of the Tape
- CHN's WCHA Weekend Preview
- WCHA Weekly Press Release
- Inside Hockey Series Preview
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Fighting Sioux vs. Clarkson: Notes & Links
North Dakota (10-8-2, 7-7-0 WCHA) vs. Clarkson (9-9-4, 3-4-2 ECAC) - Game Notes & Links: