Anticipated Arrival at UND: 2012
Birthday: August 20th, 1992
Hometown: Thief River Falls, MN
Profiles & Press Clippings:
- Pointstreak 2011-12 Profile/Stat Page
- Elite Prospects Profile/Stat Page
- New England Hockey Journal: Gothberg Growing, Gaining Confidence (Nov 2011)
- Slightly Chilled: Circle of Life... (Oct 2011)
- WEEI Radio Boston Blog: Zane Gothberg Can't Mask His Excitement (Jul 2011)
- USA Hockey: Gothberg Always Willing to Work Hard (Oct 2010)
- The Bruins Blog: Great Experiences For Goaltending Prospect Gothberg (Aug 2010)
- WEEI Radio Boston Blog: Zaney Draft Pick Breaks Goaltending Mold (Jul 2010)
- NHL.com: Family Matters For Gothberg (Jun 2010)
- MN Hockey Hub: Prowler Between the Pipes (Jan 2010)
- He was selected in the 6th round (165th overall) by the Boston Bruins in the 2010 NHL Draft.
- He played for the USHL's Fargo Force, posting a regular season record of 26-16-4. He led all league goaltenders in shutouts (7) and Save % (.921), while his 2.22 GAA was second in the league. He was named the USHL Goaltender of the Week for Week 16, Week 17, and Week 26, and due to his outstanding regular season play he was named Co-Goaltender of the Year, an honor he shared with Green Bay's Ryan McKay, and First Team All-USHL. His strong play carried over into the postseason, where he posted a league leading 1.79 GAA and .942 Save %.
- In November of 2011 he participated in the World Junior A Challenge, helping Team USA win the bronze medal. He played in two games and posted a 0.50 GAA and a .979 Save Percentage, including a 4-0 shutout of Sweden in the bronze medal game.
- He spent the season with the Fargo Force of the United States Hockey League, playing in 23 games with a 2.23 GAA and .908 Save Percentage.
- He was a member of the undefeated, gold medal-winning Team USA entry in the 2010 World Jr. A Challenge, posting a 2.05 GAA and .929 Save Percentage in four tournament games.
- As a high school senior he played for the Thief River Falls Prowlers (MN-HS), posting a 1.81 GAA, .925 Save Percentage, and three shutouts in 27 games on his way to winning the Frank Brimsek Award as the top senior goaltender in Minnesota high school hockey. He also earned 1st Team All-State honors.
- In August of 2009 he was named to the USA Hockey Select Under-18 team that played at the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament. He saw action in three games and posted a 4.96 GAA and .865 Save Percentage.
- He attended the USA Hockey Select 17 Development Camp in July of 2009, posting a 3.60 GAA and .893 Save Percentage in five games on his way to being named one of the camp's top five goalies by the US Hockey Report.
- In his junior year at Thief River Falls he played in 27 games, recording a 1.49 GAA to go along with four shutouts in earning Honorable Mention All-State recognition.
- As a high school sophomore at Thief River Falls he played in 26 games and posted a 2.15 GAA.