- Friday 7:37 CST/Saturday 7:07 CST
- The games will be broadcast on a variety of media outlets across the region. Here's the standard Broadcast Information.
- Brad Schlossman's Friday Morning Reading
- Series Notes: North Dakota and Michigan Tech
- The Dakota Student: High Stakes vs. MTU
- The Daily Mining Gazette: Tech Sees New Sioux
- A College Hockey News feature from a couple of weeks ago details Michigan Tech's resurgence this season.
- The Huskies are a well-balanced bunch up front. They have nine forwards who have produced at least 12 points this season. By comparison, the Sioux have five forwards who have reached that mark. On the back-end however, just one Tech player has reached 12 points while five Sioux defensemen have done so. These numbers, by the way, include Joe Gleason as a defenseman even though he has recently been playing up front more often than on the blue line.
- Speaking of Gleason, the junior "jack-of-all-trades" has been on a nice run lately. He has ten points (0G, 10A) in his last ten games after registering just three assists in his first 18.
- After being held to just one point last weekend (a Brock Nelson goal Saturday night), expect UND's Knight Line of Nelson, Corban Knight, and Danny Kristo to have a big series.
- In UND's eleven team games played since the Christmas break, nobody has more points than Carter Rowney's 12 (7G, 5A). Kristo has 11 (5G, 6A) while Nelson (6G, 4A) and Gleason (0G, 10A) each have 10.
- Once the dust settles after this weekend's play we should see some separation in the race for playoff home-ice. Sitting in sixth place with 24 points, North Dakota currently holds a one point edge on seventh place Michigan Tech. Meanwhile, the two teams immediately ahead of UND in the standings, Colorado College and Nebraska-Omaha, are facing-off this weekend in Colorado Springs. Both the Tigers and Mavericks hold a one point edge on the Sioux. Bemidji State (at Minnesota) and St. Cloud State (vs. Alaska-Anchorage) each trail North Dakota by three points.
- Sioux Sports says that UND's national tournament hopes would really be bolstered with a weekend sweep.
- The UND Sports Spotlight was recently shining on freshman winger Mark MacMillan:
Friday, February 17, 2012
Fighting Sioux vs. Michigan Tech: Notes & Links
North Dakota vs. Michigan Tech - Series Notes & Links