- Gametime: Saturday 7:07 CST/Sunday 5:07 CST
- The game will broadcast on The Minnesota Channel & Lakeland Public Television, and in some areas, Midcontinent digital will carry the games (Grand Forks channel 597, not sure elsewhere-check your listings). America One will also be streaming the games (for a fee). The radio crowd can find its local Fighting Sioux Radio Network member via the standard broadcast information, and if you're out of the FSRN's range, you can listen online.
- Series Notes in PDF: North Dakota and Bemidji State
- The biggest news heading into the series is the injury status of Sioux freshman Rocco Grimaldi. It was learned Friday that Grimaldi will be out 6-8 weeks due to a knee injury suffered in the preseason. The injury has limited Grimaldi to just three games this season, and it will now keep him out until at least January, a stretch that also includes the World Junior Championships. The Sioux are hopeful, however, that freshman forward Brendan O'Donnell will be able to return to the lineup this weekend.
- Even with the rough start and the Grimaldi injury news, this season is far from over.
- With the injury bug continuing to bite, expect freshman Dan "Jim" Senkbeil to continue to see time on the wing, a position he had never played until this season.
- The off-week came at a good time, and the team had a productive two weeks in that they were able to heal up some nagging injuries.
- Bemidji State is also off to a slow start, and they are looking at getting things revved up against the Sioux, a team they have yet to beat in nineteen (0-18-1) Division I meetings (BSU beat writer Eric Stromgren's series preview blog entry includes the article as well as some video).
- Beaver junior defenseman and alternate captain Jake Areshenko has a Fighting Sioux connection.
- Inside Hockey's series preview
- USCHO's Weekend Picks
- CHN's WCHA Power Rankings
- CHN's Tale of the Tape
Saturday, November 19, 2011
Fighting Sioux vs. Bemidji State: Notes & Links
North Dakota vs. Bemidji State - Series Notes & Links: