- North Dakota: 2-1-1 Overall (1-0-1 WCHA)
- Boston University: 3-1-0 Overall (3-1-0 HEA)
- Gametime: Friday 7:37 CDT/Saturday 7:07 CDT
- Both games will be broadcast across the region on a variety of media outlets and as always, here's the standard broadcast information. For the satellite folks, both games will be aired on DirecTV channel 623 and DISH channel 434. NESN will also carry the games (DirecTV 628).
- Series Notes (PDF): North Dakota and Boston University
- For all of the GF Herald stories, check out Brad Schlossman's Friday Morning Reading.
- The Daily Free Press: No. 12 BU Travels West to Take on No. 5 UND
- The Daily Free Press: Jack Parker to Return to Bench at North Dakota
- Terriers.com: Terriers Visit North Dakota For Weekend Series
- The BU Hockey Blog: Series Preview
- Terrier Hockey Fan Blog: Series Preview
- Series Numbers: North Dakota leads the all-time series 11-7-1, including a 5-0-1 mark in Grand Forks. In the last ten meetings, BU holds the edge with a 6-3-1 record, with two of UND's three wins over that span coming in the NCAA tournament, including the 1997 Frozen Four championship game victory. From the 1984-85 season through 1989-90, UND & BU played at least once every season (WCHA-HEA matchups counted in the conference standings from 84-85 to 88-89). UND held a 7-3 advantage during that stretch. This weekend's matchup will be the first time these two storied programs have met since BU defeated North Dakota 5-1 in the 2008 IceBreaker Tournament.
- Senior Danny Kristo made his regular season debut last weekend with a four assist series against Alaska-Anchorage, and he is the lone active member of the UND Century Club with 113 career points. Corban Knight remains on the Century Club doorstep with 99 career points after scoring two goals last weekend. Carter Rowney, by the way, is third on the active point list with 48.
- Michael Parks is not expected to play again this weekend due to the lower body injury he suffered in the exhibition game against Manitoba. The time frame for his return to the lineup is still undetermined.
- Nine members of this season's BU squad are NHL draft picks, while 14 North Dakota players have heard their names called by NHL brass.
- USCHO's This Week in the WCHA
- USCHO's Weekend Picks
- CHN's Tale of the Tape
- CHN's WCHA Power Rankings
- CHN's WCHA 3 Up, 3 Down
- WCHB Weekly WCHA Preview
- WCHA Weekly Press Release
- The Hockey Writer's Combine: UND vs. BU Game Notes
- Sioux Sports Series Preview
- Episode 2.05 of Through These Doors:
Friday, November 2, 2012
North Dakota vs. Boston University: Notes & Links
North Dakota vs. Boston University- Notes & Links