- Lincoln Star veterans Luke Johnson and Paul LaDue both particpated in the Stars' Minneapolis tryout camp a couple of weekends ago. The Black and Blue blog covered the event about as thoroughly as possible, posting an array of previews, individual game recaps, and camp reviews. Check it out for some detailed information. The Western College Hockey Blog also posted this camp review.
- Luke Voltin had a solid Des Moines Buccaneers tryout camp last weekend, highlighted by a two goal and one assist performance in the Saturday All-Star game.
- Brendan Lemieux took part in this week's Green Bay Gambler tryout camp, recording a goal and an assist in Wednesday's All-Star game. The Green Bay Press-Gazette ran a feature on Lemieux, who will play a significant role for the Gamblers this coming season. Lemieux's fellow NoDak recruit Nick Schmaltz was not at camp.
- While UND recruit Charlie Pelnik (injury) did not take part in the Fargo Force tryout camp held three weeks ago, potential North Dakota recruit Mason Morelli did. Morelli's UND lineage is strong as both his father and grandfather are former Sioux, and the Western College Hockey Blog analyzed the Minot youngster's situation in its Force tryout camp review.
- The Cedar Rapids RoughRiders held their tryout camp a couple of weeks ago, but UND recruit Jack Rowe did not participate due to injury. Rowe has had a tough run of luck healthwise as he was injured at both the start and end of last season, so a healthy 2012-13 will be instrumental in preparing him for his arrival at North Dakota.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
UND Recruits in USHL Summer Camps
A number of USHL tryout camps have already taken place this summer, and a few North Dakota recruits have been involved: