Anticipated Arrival at UND: 2011-12 Spring Semester
Birthday: November 24, 1989
Hometown: Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 185 Lbs.
Profiles & Press Clippings:
- Transfer from St. Cloud State, will be eligible for competition January 2013
- College Hockey Inc. 2011-12 Profile/Stat Page
- Elite Prospects Profile Page
- University of North Dakota: Mitch MacMillan Joins Brother, Mark, at UND
- Alberni Valley Times: 50 Goals in 49 Games is Quite a Feat
- Rogers Sportsnet: BCHL Report Featuring the MacMillan Brothers (Link to Video)
- He registered five assists in 14 games for St. Cloud State prior to transferring to North Dakota at semester break.
- As an NCAA freshman he appeared in 28 games for St. Cloud State, producing four goals and two assists.
- Playing alongside his brother and current Fighting Sioux forward Mark MacMillan, he had a record breaking season with the Alberni Valley Bulldogs of the British Columbia Hockey League. He established single-season franchise records for goals (61) and points (93) en route to earning BCHL All-Star honors, and he was awarded the Vern Dye Memorial Trophy as the Coastal Conference's Most Valuable Player. Overall, he appeared in 59 regular season games and produced 93 points (61G, 32A). His 61 goals led the league, and he became the first BCHL player since current Ottawa Senator Kyle Turris to score 50 goals in 50 games or less. In the postseason he recorded 12 points (7G, 5A) in 13 games.
- He split the season between the BCHL's Cowichan Valley Capitals and Alberni Valley Bulldogs, registering 55 points (33G, 22A) in 60 regular season games.
- Playing for the BCHL's Powell River Kings, he appeared in 52 games while producing 17 points (8G, 9A).
- He played for the Summerland Sting of the Kootenay International Junior Hockey League, notching 47 points (26G, 21A) in 50 regular season games and three goals in six postseason games. He also went scoreless in one appearance with Powell River (BCHL).