- Gametime: Friday 7:37 CDT/Saturday 7:07 CDT
- The games will be broadcast on a variety of media outlets across the region. As always, here's the standard broadcast information.
- Series notes in PDF: North Dakota and St. Cloud State
- There are some family ties being renewed this weekend. Mark MacMillan will be playing against his big brother Mitch, a Husky sophomore. The St. Cloud Times has a take on the MacMillans, as does The Dakota Student. Meanwhile, Brock Nelson and Jordy Christian, a Husky senior, are cousins. Jordy's father, Ed, played for North Dakota from 1980-84.
- Rocco Grimaldi's status for the weekend is doubtful, while fellow freshman Brendan O'Donnell will not be available. Both players have lower body injuries.
- The Fighting Sioux received word today that the NCAA has ruled Colten St. Clair ineligible to play this season. No specifics have been released as to why he did not make it through the NCAA Clearinghouse, but there have been rumblings that there is some online coursework that has come under scrutiny.
- Due to injury St. Cloud State's junior goaltender Mike Lee did not make the trip with the team this weekend. The Huskies will likely rely on freshman goaltender Ryan Faragher in net. Faragher spent the last two seasons playing just down I-94 West for the NAHL's Bismarck Bobcats.
- Danny Kristo is becoming a complete player as the team's top offensive threat. He was also named 2nd Star by Habs Future for his play last weekend at Wisconsin.
- St. Cloud State senior forward Drew LeBlanc is approaching 100 career points. Let's hope it doesn't happen this weekend.
- This is the first series of the season in which the Fighting Sioux will face a future NCHC foe.
- GF Herald's Ice Time
- USCHO's This Week in the WCHA
- USCHO's Weekend Picks
- INCH's This Week in the WCHA
Friday, October 28, 2011
Fighting Sioux vs. St. Cloud State Notes & Links
North Dakota vs. St. Cloud State - Series Notes & Links: