Arrival at UND: 2014
Birthday: June 15th, 1993
Hometown: Grand Forks, ND
Profiles & Press Clippings:
- USHL 2013-14 Profile/Stat Page
- Elite Prospects Profile/Stat Page
- Lincoln Journal-Star: Strong Start Helps Simonson Achieve College Dream (Jan 2014)
- Schlossman Blog: Simonson Commits to UND (Dec 2013)
- Post-Bulletin: Simonson Headed Home for College (Dec 2013)
- Austin Daily Herald: Simonson Performs On and Off the Ice (Apr 2013)
- Post-Bulletin: Bruins' Simonson Leading at a Higher Level (Jan 2013)
- MN Hockey Hub: Grand Forks' Simonson Savoring the Moment (Nov 2010)
- Was a teammate of current UND freshmen Luke Johnson and Paul LaDue on Grand Forks Central's 2009-10 North Dakota high school state championship team.
- Serving as co-captain for Lincoln (USHL), he leads the Stars with 22 points (11G, 11A) in 30 games. His 11 goals also lead all Stars, as do his five power play goals (as of 1-9-14).
- He was one of the top point producers for the NAHL's Austin Bruins, recording 57 points (27G, 30A) in 59 regular season games and seven points (4G, 3A) in eight postseason contests. His 27 goals were the second most on the team while his +21 rating was tied for the highest among all Bruin forwards.
- He recorded 38 points (18G, 20A) in 59 regular season games for the Austin Bruins (NAHL). His 18 goals tied for the team lead while his +18 rating led all forwards. He also added three goals in eight postseason games.
- As a senior at Grand Forks Central (ND-HS), he led the Knights with 50 points (31G, 19A) in 26 games in helping them to a 4th place finish at the state tournament.
- His 31 goals tied for the most in the state, helping him earn All-State and All-Conference honors. He was also selected as a co-recipient of the East Region's Outstanding Senior Athlete Award.
- In the fall he participated in the Upper Midwest HS Elite League, where he registered 17 points (8G, 9A) in 18 games for Team Great Plains.
- As a junior at Grand Forks Central he produced 43 points (14G, 29A) in 27 games while helping the Knights to a 24-3 record as North Dakota state champions.
- Tallied 30 points (16 G, 14A) in 26 games for Grand Forks Central during his sophomore season, helping the Knights to a 3rd place finish at the North Dakota state tournament.