- Brandon Bochenski (Astana) is currently second in the KHL with 11 goals and fifth with 19 points through 19 games. Additionally, his three game winning goals are tied for third and his +14 rating is fifth best.
- Rastislav Spirko leads Spartak Moscow (KHL) with 14 points (6G, 8A) in 18 games.
- Danny Kristo (Hartford) is second among AHL rookies with 7 points (4G, 3A) in six games.
- Kristo and Brad Malone are among the AHL's leading goals scorers with 4 each.
- Corban Knight is tied for second on Abbotsford (AHL) with five points (1G, 4A) through seven games. His five points are also sixth most among AHL rookies.
- The Ulmer brothers are off to strong starts in the Austrian elite league. Jeff leads Ljubljana with 14 points (7G, 7A) in 14 games while Jason leads Linz with 21 points (7G, 14A) in 15 games. Andrew Kozek (6G, 4A) and Curtis Murphy (3G, 7A) are also among the top scorers for Linz.
- Jake Marto and Jason Gregoire are each among the top four scorers for Sodertalje (Sweden tier 2). Marto has nine points (2G, 7A) in 13 games while Gregoire has eight (2G, 6A) in eight.
- Ryan Bayda's eight points (5G, 3A) are tied for the Augsburger (Germany tier 1) team lead.
- Carter Rowney was signed by the ECHL's Wheeling Nailers and has two assists through two games.
- Aaron Dell has signed a Professional Try-Out (PTO) contract with the Norfolk Admirals (AHL) but has yet to see game action. Earlier this fall Dell signed an ECHL contract with the Utah Grizzlies.
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Sioux in the Pros Update
Here's an update on how some of the Sioux alums playing professionally are faring early on this season: