- North Dakota: 1-1-0 Overall (0-0-0 WCHA)
- Alaska-Anchorage: 2-1-1 Overall (0-0-0 WCHA)
- Gametime: Friday 7:37 CDT/Saturday 7:07 CDT
- Both games will be broadcast across the region on a variety of media outlets and as always, here's the standard broadcast information. For the DirecTV folks, Friday's game can be found on channel 623 while the Saturday matchup will air on channel 626.
- Series Notes (PDF): North Dakota and Alaska-Anchorage
- For all of the GF Herald stories, check out Brad Schlossman's Friday Morning Reading.
- Anchorage Daily News: UAA Encouraged By UND's First-Half History
- Anchorage Daily News: Scott Allen Making the Most of His Chances
- Anchorage Daily News: UAA Has Odd Early-Season Schedule
- Series Numbers: North Dakota is unbeaten in its last six games against UAA dating back to the 2010-11 season, outscoring the Seawolves 28-10 while going 5-0-1 over that span. UND holds the all-time edge with a 45-17-4 mark while going 26-3-3 at home. Heading into this weekend, UND's 32 home games against UAA are split evenly between the old and new Ralph Engelstad Arenas, having played 16 games at each venue. UND never lost to the Seawolves at the Old REA, having gone a perfect 16-0-0. In the new Engelstad Arena, North Dakota is 10-3-3.
- Senior Danny Kristo, who will be making his regular season debut this weekend, is the lone active member of the UND Century Club with 109 career points. Corban Knight was held without a point last Saturday night against Alaska-Fairbanks, thus he remains on the Century Club doorstep with 97 career points. It will take a three point weekend, but expect him to be in the club by Saturday night. Carter Rowney, by the way, is third on the active list with 46.
- Michael Parks will not play this weekend due to the lower body injury he suffered in the exhibition game against Manitoba. He is still at least a few weeks away from returning to the UND lineup.
- Several players will be reuniting with former teammates this weekend. Dillon Simpson was a teammate of UAA's Bret Cameron and Scott Allen with the AJHL's Spruce Grove Saints, Corban Knight and UAA's Quinn Sproles were teammates on the AJHL's Okotoks Oilers, and Andrew MacWilliam and Austin Sevelrud were Camrose Kodiak teammates in the AJHL.
- UAA's Blake Tatchell was featured in TOE's WCHA Instant Impact series prior to the season, and thus far he has not disappointed. In four games the freshman has produced three points (2G, 1A) while centering a line that includes freshman Hayden Trupp and senior Alex Gellert. Hayden, of course, is the younger brother of former Sioux star Evan Trupp.
- USCHO's This Week in the WCHA
- USCHO's Weekend Picks
- USCHO's Three Things We Learned
- CHN's Tale of the Tape
- CHN's WCHA Power Rankings
- CHN's WCHA 3 Up, 3 Down
- CHN: WCHA Three Things
- WCHB Weekly WCHA Preview
- WCHA Weekly Press Release
- The Hockey Writer's Combine: UND vs. UAA Game Notes
- Sioux Sports Series Preview
- Episode 2.04 of Through These Doors:
Friday, October 26, 2012
North Dakota vs. UAA: Notes & Links
North Dakota vs. Alaska-Anchorage - Notes & Links