- Former Sioux captain Mario Lamoureux signed an ECHL contract with the Ontario Reign today. Lamoureux spent the tail-end of last season with the Gwinnett Gladiators (ECHL) after his NCAA career concluded. The Reign is based in Ontario, CA and have an affiliation agreement with the Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings.
- NBC Sports Network released a 24 game NCAA men's ice hockey schedule today, and North Dakota has two road games scheduled for broadcast. The February 8th game at Nebraska-Omaha and the February 22nd game at Denver are set to air on NBCSN this coming season.
- The Hell on Ice blog took a stab at projecting Zach Parise's 2012-13 offensive numbers.
- Pension Plan Puppets, a Toronto Maple Leaf blog, recently ranked Matt Frattin No. 5 on their Top 25 Maple Leafs Under 25.
- Per Brad Schlossman's blog, a pair of North Dakota players are facing discipline due to alcohol related offenses.
- The British Columbia Hockey League kicked off its regular season last weekend with the BCHL Showcase. The Vernon Vipers struggled to a 0-1-1 record in their two showcase games, but North Dakota recruit Adam Tambellini picked up a pair of goals while fellow Viper/UND recruit Geoff Crisfield went pointless. Vernon will try to get on the winning side of the ledger this weekend when they take on Salmon Arm in a home & home.
- Feeling the need to scratch that hockey itch? For those of you near Fargo, you can catch North Dakota recruit Charlie Pelnik in action Friday night as the Fargo Force take on Cary Eades' Sioux Falls Stampede in a USHL exhibition game at Scheels Arena. Tickets are only $5 and kids 12 and under get in free.
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Tuesday Evening Post
Here are a few links of interest, including UND's most recent pro contract signee: