Matt Frattin appeared in two games for the Maple Leafs rookies, and Tuesday night he one-timed a beautiful powerplay goal against Ottawa. The Toronto Sun says Frattin had an impressive rookie camp. Below is a an interview with Frattin following Tuesday's game:
Other Rookie Camp Notes:
- Chay Genoway and the Minnesota Wild rookies placed fifth at the Traverse City tournament. He finished play with one goal and one assist in four games.
- The Buffalo Sabres rookies defeated the New York Rangers to win the tournement, and Corey Fienhage claimed one assist in two games of action with the Sabres.
- Jason Gregoire and the Winnipeg Jets are 1-1 at the Young Stars tournament. Gregoire has one goal thus far, and if the Jets intend to send him to the AHL out of training camp, he's at least making that decision a hard one.
- Brett Hextall and the Phoenix Coyotes rookies rallied to defeat the LA Kings 8-7 last night. Hextall scored two of Phoenix's five third period goals with father Ron, the Kings assistant GM, taking in the action. Brett is looking to make the Hextalls a four generation NHL family.
- The Denver Post published a brief interview with Colorado Avalanche prospect Brad Malone.
The ECHL's Gwinnett Gladiators recently acquired former Sioux Brad Miller via trade. Gwinnett's head coach had some good things to say about Miller, who is returning home to Georgia.
Other former Sioux news:
- Aaron Schneekloth has found a home with the Colorado Eagles, who will be joining the ECHL this year.
- Zach Parise did a Q&A with Puck Daddy, and he had something to say about the potential retirement of the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo.
- Bleedin' Blue is speculating on potential St Louis Blues line combinations, and they like TJ Oshie on the second line. Meanwhile, the St Louis Post-Dispatch did a Q&A with Oshie.
- The Orange County Register is previewing the Anaheim Ducks upcoming season, and Jason Blake and Matt Smaby are in the mix.